Azure’s Software-Defined Connectivity — Virtual WAN
The hybrid cloud network consists of both physical and virtualized technologies to provide connectivity across cloud and on-premises. To help customers with their massive modernization efforts, SNP Technologies leverages the Azure Virtual WAN, which is made to simplify branch connectivity on a large scale for enterprises. We help organizations build and deploy applications while taking advantage of the economics and scalability of Azure.
Azure Virtual WAN:
Azure Virtual WAN is a software-defined networking service that allows users to take advantage of optimized and automated branch connectivity on a global scale. Virtual WAN provides better networking experience by seamlessly connecting branches to Azure with SDWAN and VPN devices (i.e., Customer Premises Equipment or CPE) with built-in ease of use and configuration management.
How it works:
All the traffic from branches goes into Microsoft’s network at the Microsoft edge site closest to a given branch office. Currently, there are 130 edge sites in the Microsoft global network. Once traffic is inside that network, it can terminate inside the Virtual WAN’s hub. These virtual hubs cover different Azure public cloud regions around the world.
Azure’s Virtual WAN offers benefits like:
- Massive scalability with software-defined connectivity: Connect global branch offices, point-of-sale locations, and sites using Azure and the Microsoft global network.
- Optimized security and agility: Leverage secure transport network services and integrated firewall capabilities to ensure the safe delivery of all applications across a hybrid enterprise environment. Securely identify and manage the performance of today's modern and encrypted applications running over SSL, TLS, and HTTPS.
- One place for network management: Quickly respond to business needs with application-centric, business intent-based policies that are centrally managed and applied network-wide across all remote locations.
- Reduced costs: Maximize the use of redundant and lower cost connectivity options with zero-touch provisioning and centralized management to reduce the cost of deploying and maintaining a hybrid WAN architecture.
- Increased reliability: Create a highly available WAN architecture that virtualizes and dynamically leverages multiple links at remote locations. Retain end-to-end visibility of network performance and end-user experience for troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Improved performance: Deliver superior application performance to business with the industry-leading WAN optimization solution from SNP Technologies.
For more information on Azure Virtual WAN, contact SNP Technologies here.