The data warehousing landscape has changed dramatically in recent years with the emergence of cloud-based services, which offer high performance, simple deployment, near infinite scaling, and easy administration at a fraction of the cost of on-premises solutions. As a result, enterprises are rapidly migrating their data warehouses from on-premises to the cloud.
Leveraging Azure Synapse, as the “insights for all” tool, SNP offers a complete set of services for data professionals to query data on their terms, using either serverless on-demand or provisioned resources—at limitless scale. With Azure Synapse we are bringing two divided worlds together—relational data and big data—with a unified experience to ingest, prepare, manage, and serve data for immediate BI and machine learning needs.
Some key benefits Azure Synapse offers are:
- Limitless Scaling- Get industry-leading performance on your demanding workloads, such as enterprise data warehousing and use the new serverless on-demand query capability to query your data.
- Powerful Insights: With Azure Synapse deeply integrated with Power BI and Azure Machine Learning get insights to significantly reduce project development time and enable data professionals to apply intelligence from data accumulated from Dynamics 365, Office 365, to SaaS services that support the Open Data Initiative.
- Unified Experience: Data prep, data management, data warehousing, big data, and AI tasks can be done in a single, unified workspace.
- Unmatched Security: With security being paramount for all our customers, Azure Synapse provides fine-grained access control to ensure data stays safe and private.
Aside to these remarkable benefits, SNP’s business intelligence services adds another layer of value to our customers data. Our tools help business analysts or BI engineers build all their processing needs within the BI tool with up-to-the-minute analytics for making informed business decisions.
The Three Types of Connections:
The three most common types of connections to load the data into Power BI before analyzing or visualizing the data are:
- Import- Great for small data sources and personal data discovery like CSV files, spreadsheet data and summarized OLTP data.
- Direct Query- This works as an enterprise solution to delegate query work to the back-end source without any data movement by leveraging Azure Synapse’s advanced features.
- Composite Models & Aggregation Tables- With detailed data at the source, you can now keep summarized data local with import and direct query in a single model.
Common Business Scenarios for Azure Synapse:
- Scenario 1: A Business analyst can connect to the EDW by using either “DirectQuery”, where the entire data processing is transferred to DW Or Import Query, where data processing is taken care of at the BI Layer.
- Scenario 2: Business analyst can use both DirectQuery and import query with aggregations logic build inside Power BI to optimize the performance.
Azure Synapse Analytics is in now in public preview. For more information on how you can leverage on Azure Synapse, contact SNP Technologies here.