Everything You Need to Know about Kubernetes
Kubernetes is an open-source orchestration platform for automating deployment, scaling, and management of Linux container operations. It eliminates manual processes by clustering groups of hosts running Linux containers while helping to easily and efficiently manage those clusters across public, private and hybrid clouds.
With Kubernetes, you can quickly and efficiently respond to customer demand:
- Deploy your applications quickly and predictably.
- Scale your applications effortlessly.
- Roll out new features seamlessly.
- Limit hardware usage to required resources only.
Key Features of Kubernetes:
- Scalability: · Kubernetes can scale without burdening your ops team.
Flexibility: Kubernetes’ flexibility grows with you to deliver your applications consistently and easily no matter how complex your need is.
Run Anywhere: Kubernetes is open source, giving you the freedom to take advantage of on-premises, hybrid or public cloud infrastructure, and letting you effortlessly move workloads to where they’re most needed.
Automation: Automatically place containers based on their resource requirements and other constraints without sacrificing availability. Mix critical and best-effort workloads to drive utilization and save resources.
Self-Healing: Restart containers that fail, replace and reschedule containers when nodes die. Kill containers that don't respond to your user-defined health check.
Self-Discovery & Load Balancing: Kubernetes gives containers their own IP addresses and a single DNS (domain name server) name for a set of containers, and it can load-balance.
Automated rollouts & rollbacks: Kubernetes progressively rolls out changes to your application or its configuration, while monitoring application health to ensure it doesn't kill all your instances at the same time. If something goes wrong, Kubernetes will roll-back the change for you.
Batch Execution: Kubernetes can manage your batch and continuous integration (CI) workloads, replacing containers that fail, if desired.
Business Benefits of Kubernetes:
- Kubernetes gives you a platform to schedule and run containers on clusters of physical and virtual machines (VMs).
- Fully implement and rely on container-based infrastructure in production environments.
- Automate all operational tasks for your containers.
- Orchestrate containers across multiple hosts.
- Make better use of hardware to maximize resources needed to run your enterprise apps.
- Scale containerized applications as needed.
- Declaratively manage services, guaranteeing the deployed applications are always running how you deployed them
- Health-check your applications with auto-placement, auto-restart, auto-replication, and auto-scaling.
For more details and information on Kubernetes for your business, Contact SNP here.