About the Customer
Based in New York, the customer is the world’s first managed data service provider to investment managers and asset owners worldwide. The company delivers cloud-based services that help its clients reduce the cost of managing financial data while lowering operational risk.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
The customer intends to migrate its DR site from AWS to Azure, so it engaged SNP to deploy a DR solution with Azure Site Recovery.
The SNP Solution
SNP worked closely with the client’s team to understand their existing data center architecture and virtualization platform, then:
- Performed a data center assessment with automated assessment solutions and provided the customer with a DR strategy with application dependencies.
- Worked with the customer to understand their automation requirements for the multi-tier application during startup to bring the application online with minimal recovery time.
- Deployed the Azure Virtual Network and Storage resources on Azure as per the identified requirements in the plan.
- Set up the express route circuit from the colocation data center.
- Tested the network connectivity between colocation and Azure services.
- Deployed and configured the Azure Site Recovery Services for the Hyper-V cluster environments in the colocation data center.
- Prepared the recovery plans to meet the recovery point objectives (RPO) of the customer’s business needs.
- Leveraged the Azure Automation run-books to minimize manual effort during failover and improve the infrastructure recovery time.
- Implemented the DR replication for the client’s on-premise infrastructure using Azure Site Recovery
- Performed test failovers, planned failovers and failbacks as a part of testing the DR solution and for measuring the efficiency of the solution to bring the business application online in an acceptable recovery time during disaster cases.
- Seamless disaster recovery solution with Azure Site Recovery services
- Improved the recovery time leveraging the Azure Automation Runbooks with Recovery Plans
- Lowered disaster recovery costs, as compute resources are only added during failover.
- Enabled DR process transparency and visibility with proper logs
- Achieved guaranteed business continuity against unforeseen disasters.