About the customer
The media company is a premier cinema, video and media organization. Headquartered in New York City, the company provides national and regional advertisers with on-screen advertising solutions, in-lobby promotions and integrated marketing programs. In a landscape of partial impressions and fragmented messaging, they deliver un-skippable innovative solutions, putting their clients at the forefront of modern advertising on the biggest screens, serving captivated audiences throughout the world.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Azure SQL Database
To meet its reporting requirements, the client needed a solution to replace its legacy analysis services (e.g. traditional OLAP cube) and business intelligence and performance management software suite with a tabular model (e.g.in-memory cube).
The SNP Solution
SNP Technologies provided a managed, scalable data analytics solution that offers simple, self-service capabilities the client needed along with the governance and automation their IT teams required.
Phase 1: Source Analysis & Requirement Gathering
- Determine where the data will be extracted to support the reporting system.
- Document how data will be stored in the Azure SQL Database.
- Design an ETL process to extract the data from multiple sources, aggregate it and convert it and load it into Azure SQL Database.
- Create design documents.
- Update ETL processes from other sources.
Phase 2: Development & Implementation
- Create the database.
- Use Azure Data Factory to create the ETL process.
- Create tabular model cube on top of the Azure Database.
- Establish quality assurance guidelines for the deliverables.
- Create reporting using Excel and Power BI.
- Finalize solution for production.
- Self-service data preparation allows users to capture and combine virtually any type of data effortlessly.
- Different kinds of data can be handled and merged into a single model that is easy to understand and use.
- Role-based security is enforced with only authorized users having access to data models, no matter where they are.
- Users are empowered to create and personalize dashboards and reports with Power BI.
- Azure analysis services instances are performed within seconds without time consuming and costly migration requirements.