About the customer
The leading insurance provider is a specialty insurance holding company that’s been in operation for more than 30 years. It is the largest provider of flood insurance, protecting America's communities from unexpected disaster, and it is backed by the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program). The company’s insurance professionals are devoted to finding solutions for businesses, municipalities, education systems and individuals. A leader in the industry, the insurance group provides a variety of innovative and specialized insurance solutions for insurance reciprocals and risk purchasing groups.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
The client needed a data analytics and visualization solution to gain insights from data in its AS400 system. To achieve this goal, it needed an effective solution to extract data from AS400, plus the ability to scale while minimizing infrastructure costs.
The SNP Solution
SNP helped the client understand the challenges they faced with their AS400 environment, then defined the core business objectives to solve the challenges. A highlight of the solutions and services provided included:
- Implement Azure Data Factory to connect and extract data from AS400.
- Define business logic and process the data.
- Use Azure SQL Data Warehouse to load the processed data.
- Integrate Power BI business analytics services with Azure SQL data warehouse.
- Create reports using Power BI embedded and publish them in the customer’s business application.
- Leverage Azure Data Factory to create workflows that integrate and transform data from multiple sources for reporting providing high levels of scalability and redundancy.
The solution was deployed in seven phases:
Phase 1: Conduct Azure infrastructure readiness testing.
Phase 2: Perform on-premise AS400 review.
Phase 3: Establish connectivity with AS400.
Phase 4: Create ADF (Azure Data Factory) connectivity between AS400 and Blob storage.
Phase 5: Create business logic for data processing and load the processed data to Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
Phase 6: Implement the SSAS cubes (analysis services) and connect to Power BI embedded analytics services.
Phase 7: Provide an interactive data visualization solution, leveraging Power BI embedded into the business app.
- Transformed raw data into rich visualizations that display the lineage and dependencies among data pipelines.
- Monitor the data pipelines from a single, unified view to pinpoint issues and set up monitoring alerts.
- Easily understand when data arrives, where it comes from and when it’s ready for processing on a specified schedule.
- Save time and money by crunching big data and automating data pipelines with Azure Data Factory.
- Reduced costs by eliminating the need for costly on-premises infrastructure with Microsoft Azure.
- Alleviate data storage requirements by leveraging Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Fully managed service — scalable, flexible and reliable.